The leeches that study the ways of their ancestors unlock their latent power and become great leeches. Great leeches are mighty warriors, leading the leech tribes into battle. They crush the salt-throwers with their great bulks and drain the life out of those that get too close.
Hit Die: d10
- Race: Leech
- BAB: +6
- Feats: Improved Unarmed Strike, Weapon Focus (grapple), Skill Focus (survival)
- Skills: Move Silently 3 ranks, Survival 6 ranks, Heal 6 ranks.
- Special: Must have defeated an opponent without manufactured weapons and gained at least two temporary hit point via fluid absorbtion from that same opponent.
The great leech's class skills (and key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Move Silently (Dex), Ride (Dex), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str).
Skill points at each level: 2 + Int modifier.
- Improved Fluid Absorbtion: The great leech's fluid absorbtion ability causes (1+great leech class levels) points of Constitution drain.
- Leech Armor: At 1st level, the great leech gains +1 to its natural armor. This bonus increases to +2 at 3rd level and +3 at 5th level.
- Bite: At 2nd level, the great leech gains a bite natural attack which deals 1d6 piercing damage.
- Leech Healing: At 3rd level, the greater leech may remove poisons in itself or other living creatures. To do this, it must attach it's mouth to the target. If the target is willing, no check is neccessary. If the target is unwilling, a pin must be achieved. At the beginning of each turn the pin is maintained, the great leech may make a Heal check against the poison's DC. If the check is successful, the poison is removed. After each Healing check, whether successful or not, the target is dealt 1d6 damage from fluid loss.
- Mighty Growth: Once a day, at 5th level, the great leech can sacrifice a minimum of 80 temporary hit points gained by fluid absorbtion to gain the effect of a righteous might spell, except where noted. The damage reduction gained is 10/magic. The great leech also gains the improved grab ability when it attacks with its bite for the duration of the effect. The duration is equal to the temporary hit points sacrificed divided by sixteen, rounded down. Activating this class feature is a standard action which does not provoke attacks of opportunity. As a free action, the great leech may sacrifice a minimum of 16 temporary hit points gained by fluid absorption to increase the duration by a number of rounds equal to the number of temporary hit points sacrificed divided by sixteen, rounded down.
Table: Great Leech
|1||+1||+2||+0||+0||Improved Fluid Absorbtion, Leech Armor +1|
|3||+3||+3||+1||+1||Leech Armor +2, Leech Healing|
|5||+5||+4||+1||+1||Leech Armor +3, Mighty Growth|